My son won't let me take him to the dentist, so we let the tooth get really bad. Now he has a fever…

Translated automatically. Show original
My son won't let me take him to the dentist, so we let the tooth get really bad. Now he has a fever and his cheek is a little swollen. Should we go straight for removal, or wait for the swelling to go down?
Comments
Sign In
Agapova Inna
The swelling might not go down. Or it might go down, but the pus will still go into the bone.
Translated automatically. Show original
yuliya yakubova
You should definitely go, the abscess won't just disappear. I'll tell you more, it's also poorly numbed in areas where there's pus. I still remember how they injected me all over, but they still pulled it out while I was awake.
Translated automatically. Show original
Varya
yuliya yakubova OMG. 🙈 I'm already so worried about how he'll let me pull it out 🤦️
Translated automatically. Show original
Varya
Agapova Inna 😔
Translated automatically. Show original
yuliya yakubova
yuliya yakubova Don't overthink it, it'll be over quickly anyway at least) Mine was really tough in the free one, so we ended up going to a paid one with songs and dances, and they treat with laughing gas.
Translated automatically. Show original
Alena Sattarova
I'd just delete it and be done with it.
Translated automatically. Show original
Kristina
Don't wait, go for it!
Translated automatically. Show original
Tone4ka
We went straight for the removal. I was scared it would be worse. They removed it quickly.
Translated automatically. Show original
Margarita
Go right away, run, run!
Translated automatically. Show original
Tone4ka
Tone4ka Don't be scared. I was more scared than it actually was. I was even standing there crying in the doctor's office with my daughter, but then they removed it, gave me a prescription for antibiotics, and about 3-4 days later, the swelling went down.
Translated automatically. Show original
Tatyana
Delete
Translated automatically. Show original
Alena
It might not go away, the swelling might even get worse. Then they'll have to clean it out, which is a very unpleasant procedure, especially with a fever. There's an inflammatory process going on.
Translated automatically. Show original
Oksana
You should run to the doctor. I once let a tooth abscess get bad, and it led to hospitalization.
Translated automatically. Show original
Varya
Oksana Nightmare 😰
We're going now, I just hope they let me delete it (
Translated automatically. Show original
Oksana
Oksana Wishing you the best!
Translated automatically. Show original
Albina
You need to run to the doctor, like, right now! A "flyus" (abscess) is pus, and it won't go away on its own until the source of the inflammation is gone. Remember, your teeth are in your head, close to your brain. You definitely don't want brain swelling – the consequences can be dire, and I'm not exaggerating. There have been cases, and not just a few. Your child is little, and their permanent teeth haven't come in yet. The developing permanent teeth could be damaged, and you could end up without a permanent tooth. You can't mess around with a pus-filled infection on your head, whether it's a boil or an abscess.
Translated automatically. Show original
Gavrish Oksana
Run to the dentist, like, yesterday! If you don't treat it, you could end up in a much worse situation.
Translated automatically. Show original
Varya
Albina I understand all of that about the consequences. It's just that with the swelling, I thought maybe I could wait until tomorrow. The swelling isn't too bad, but I had a fever, which is more serious.
We'll start getting dressed now and head to the dentist.
Translated automatically. Show original

Read also